PERBADANAN USAHAWAN NASIONAL BERHAD
This Privacy Notice sets out how Perbadanan Usahawan Nasional Berhad ("PUNB") will handle personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ("PDPA") and the laws of Malaysia.
What Kind of Personal Data We Collect And How We Collect It
In order to enable us to provide you with our services, we may need to and/or may be required to collect, use, disclose and store (i.e. "process") your personal data including but not limited to your name, NRIC number, correspondence address, email address, occupation, contact details, and such other necessary information regarding yourself and your transaction(s) with us.
We may obtain this data from you and from a variety of sources, including but not limited to:
- through your relationship with us, for example information provided by you in application forms, agreements you enter into with us, when applying for our services;
- through your verbal and written communications with us; or
- from such other sources in respect of which you have given your consent to disclose information relating to you and/or where not otherwise restricted.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We may use your personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
- to confirm and verify your identity;
- to assess and process your application(s) / inquiry(ies) for our services and/or under any of our scheme(s);
- to verify your financial standing through credit reference checks;
- to manage and maintain your account(s) / facility(ies) with us;
- to better manage our business and your relationship with us;
- to better understand your business and/or financial situation;
- to provide you with information on our products, services and programs which may be of interest to you;
- to conduct research on new products and services for you as well as to improve our services;
- to notify you about benefits and changes to the features of our services;
- to respond to your enquiries and complaints and generally to resolve disputes;
- to conduct research for analytical and/or statistical purposes;
- to assess financial risks;
- to transfer our rights and duties under this agreement;
- to protect or enforce our rights to recover any debt owing to us;
- to conduct anti-money laundering checks; for crime detection, prevention and prosecution;
- for any other purpose that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities; and/or
- to market PUNB's products and services and sending any advertising and/or promotional material to you.
We will ask for your consent before using your personal data for a purpose other than those that are set out in this Privacy Notice and in the privacy terms in your agreement(s) with us (if any).
Disclosure Of Your Personal Data
As a part of providing you with our services and the management and/or operation of the same, we may be required or need to disclose information about you and/or your account(s)/facility(ies) with us as to the following third parties:
- companies and/or organisations that act as our agents and/or professional advisers;
- companies and/or organisations that provide services to us and assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions that you have requested including but not limited to financial institutions, credit reference agencies, credit bureaus and/or central bureaus;
- companies and/or organisations that assist us in providing value-added services that you have requested;
- your advisers (including but not limited to accountants, auditors, lawyers, financial advisers or other professional advisers) where authorised by you;
- any other person notified by you as authorised to give instructions or to use the services on your behalf;
- any third party as a result of any restructuring of your account(s)/facility(ies) or the sale of debts, or the acquisition of any company by PUNB, provided that any recipient uses your information for the same purposes as it was originally supplied to us and/or used by us;
- any of PUNB's actual or proposed assignees or transferees and any other party(ies) under a duty of confidentiality to PUNB to use, disclose, hold, process, retain or transfer your personal data; and/or
- any competent authority(ies) and/or regulator(s),
subject at all time to any laws, (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to PUNB (whether in or outside Malaysia).
We will otherwise treat your personal information as private and confidential and will not disclose your information to anyone outside of PUNB except:
- where you have given permission;
- where we are required or permitted to do so by law;
- where required or authorized by any order of the court, tribunal or authority, whether governmental or quasi-governmental with jurisdiction over PUNB;
- where we may transfer rights and obligations under this agreement;
- where we are required to meet our obligations to any relevant regulatory authority
Exercising Your Choice In Respect Of The Disclosure And Use Of Your Personal Information For Purposes Of Marketing
We may use your personal information to provide you with information about our and third party events, training programmes and/or services, which may be of interest to or benefit you, except where otherwise requested by you.
In certain instances, we may disclose your personal information to our preferred strategic partners. However, please note that we will only disclose your personal information to our strategic partners where your prior consent has been obtained and subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to PUNB. We take reasonable steps to ensure that our agreements with our strategic partners include appropriate privacy and confidentiality obligations.
If you do not wish your personal information to be utilised for the purposes of marketing or should you change your mind in relation to your previous decision, please contact us at the address detailed at the end of this Privacy Notice. Your latest written instructions to us will prevail.
What If Personal Data Provided By You Is Incomplete?
It may be obligatory for you in some instances to provide certain personal information to enable us to process your application or provide you with our services. If you are unable to or decline to provide such obligatory personal information, we may not be able to process your application or provide you with the said services.
Your Rights To Access And Correct Your Personal Data
You have the right to access, or request that we correct your personal data as held by us. You may make an access and/or correction request by contacting us at the address detailed at the end of this Privacy Notice. Please note that in certain circumstances we may have to withhold access to your personal information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.
Revisions To The Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be revised from time to time. Notice of any such revision will be given on PUNB's website and/or by such other means of communication deemed suitable by PUNB.
Enquiries / Complaints / Communication
Should you have any queries, concerns or complaints in relation to this Privacy Notice, kindly contact us during office hours (between [8.30 am to 5.30 pm] - Monday to Thursday & between [8.30 am to 4.30 pm] - Friday) at the following contact points: