PERBADANAN USAHAWAN NASIONAL BERHAD (PUNB) is established to enhance the participation and involvement of Bumiputera in entrepreneurship and to develop dynamic, resilient, progressive Bumiputera Commercial and Industrial Community (BCIC).
It was established on 17th July 1991 under the Companies Act 1965, and it is wholly owned by Yayasan Pelaburan Bumiputra (YPB).
In 2010, PUNB operates fully as a sharia compliant company. Since 2019, PUNB is listed as a company under the Prime Minister Department.
PUNB business model focuses on providing an integrated entrepreneurial package comprising business financing and support.
This package helps Bumiputera entrepreneurs to develop their business acumen, maintain a profitable venture and shape their business par excellence.
This is PUNB's raison d'etre.
- Centre of Excellence for Bumiputera Entrepreneurial Development Agenda
- Provider of end-to-end business financing solutions and business support services
- Leader in Retail and Distributive Trade Sector
- To increase the quantity and enhance the quality of Bumiputera entrepreneurs in the industrial and commercial sectors.
- To promote the development of resilient Bumiputera entrepreneurs in strategic industries.
- To instill entrepreneurial culture amongst Bumiputera entrepreneurs, and equip them with adequate knowledge and experience.